The City of Lenexa selected our firm and Indigo Design to provide lake and park improvements for Sar-Ko-Par Park in Lenexa, Kansas. We provided civil and environmental engineering and Indigo Design provided landscape design and park master planning.
Improvements included the following:
- Dredging/improving the park lake, including sediment removal, disposal, and treatment
- Grading the lake bottom and improving the shoreline
- Creating sediment forebays and wetlands
- Reconstructing the dam, including improving the principal and emergency spillways and the downstream channel
- Incorporating best management practices for water quality
- Providing improved fisheries and recreational access to the lake
- Relocating sanitary sewer lines
- Designing bridge lighting and preparing electrical plans
- Improving trails around the lake
This project was designed and completed on an aggressive schedule in time for the annual barbecue festival, where the project was dedicated.
In addition to receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from residents, staff members, and council members, the improvements also earned the project an American Public Works Association (APWA) award in 2013. The project was selected as the Public Works Project of the Year for 2013 in the category “Environmental Less Than $5 Million” by the Kansas City chapter of the APWA.
- Kansas City APWA 2013 Project of the Year for 2013 (Environmental, Less Than $5 Million)
Overland Park, Kansas
913.748.2580Get in Touch