Olsson Foundation Donates to Nine Nonprofit Groups in 2020
September 30, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska (September 30, 2020) – Nine nonprofit organizations received a donation from the Olsson Foundation in 2020, the company announced today. The Olsson Foundation is committed to supporting groups that are dedicated to education, the environment and the community.
The nine nonprofit organizations supported by the Olsson Foundation in 2020 are:
- Whiz Kids Tutoring, Denver, Colorado, to purchase educational games at 49 locations that will serve to strengthen critical thinking, reading and math skills.
- Environmental Learning for Kids, Denver, Colorado, to provide 35 primarily low-income, urban youth and their families with interactive, science-based environmental education and outdoor activities.
- Prairie STEM, Omaha, Nebraska, to fund the organization’s mobile STEM trailer program, which provides technology and program support to students in underserved communities.
- Center for Education Foundation, Kansas City, Missouri, to provide whiteboard tables for the computer technology program at Center High School.
- Compassion Fayetteville, Fayetteville, Arkansas, to support the Second Helping Program, which feeds the homeless, schoolchildren and others in need.
- LevelUp Kids, Kansas City, Missouri, to provide eyeglasses for 50 children. The organization provides free vision screening, exams and eyeglasses to low-income children.
- Little Light House, Tulsa, Oklahoma, to purchase tools and equipment to help with therapy for children with special needs.
- Live Well. Go Fish., Lincoln, Nebraska, to upgrade safety equipment for this program that serves people with disabilities and those in hospice care.
- Big Muddy Urban Farm, Omaha, Nebraska, to establish an electronic tool lending system for this urban agriculture training program.
“We’re thrilled to be able to support these nonprofit groups as they seek to provide opportunities for people to learn, strengthen the environment and their communities,” said John Olsson, executive vice president of consulting services at Olsson. “Throughout our firm’s history, which dates back nearly 65 years, we have been committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and this is just one of the ways we live out our heritage.”
The Olsson Foundation will begin taking applications for funding requests for 2021 in the first quarter of next year.
The Olsson Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation that started in 2015. The mission of the foundation is to support the environment, education and the communities where Olsson delivers services while also supporting employees who are actively engaged in their communities.