We designed a 4 MW, 20,000 square foot data center with attached 96,000 square foot, four-story corporate office building. The project required Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP), interior design, and mission critical design on a campus with multiple buildings. The data center is Tier III+ with design for densities up to 30 KW per cabinet. Design is 2N+1 with 3-to-get-2 scheme to expand additionally by fifty percent in the future. Design incorporates multiple parallel generator scheme with isolated redundancy on distribution schemes. Cooling is from central chilled water plant and various free-cooling/economizer designs. The overall expected power usage effectiveness is to be 1.6.
We also provided structural services for the 96,000 square foot, four-story corporate office building with a 4 MW, 20,000 square foot data center attached. From Conceptual/Schematic Design through Construction Administration, our structural team was integral to the design and construction process.
Our mechanical/electrical team also designed the following aspects of this project:
- Underfloor air delivery system throughout
- Fully automated daylight harvesting lighting control system
- Modular and metered in-floor wiring system
- 3,000 square feet (SF) full service commercial kitchen for 600 employees
- 400-ton water-cooled chilled water plant for office
- Outdoor patio/seating area with outdoor audio and visual system
- 2-megawatt data center with 30 kilowatt per cabinet density
- Full hot/cold aisle containment systems
- 1,200-ton chilled water cooling plant for data center
Kansas City, Missouri
816.442.6033Get in Touch