Olsson Foundation Supports 14 Nonprofit Groups in 2023
October 30, 2023
Lincoln, Nebraska (October 30, 2023) – The Olsson Foundation announced today that it has made donations to 14 nonprofit groups.
Every year since 2015, the Olsson Foundation has supported nonprofit organizations in the communities Olsson serves. The foundation is committed to working with groups that are dedicated to education, the environment and their community.
“Our communities are strongest when we look out for each other and create opportunities to thrive,” said John Olsson, Chief Relationship Officer at Olsson. “An important way we give back to the areas we serve is by supporting nonprofit organizations that strive to make a difference in the lives of their community members.”
Listed below are the organizations supported by the Olsson Foundation in 2023 and the work the funds will support.
- Children's Haven of Southwest Missouri, Joplin, Missouri.
- Emergency care for children up to 17 years old.
- KC Stem Alliance, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Girls in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program.
- LevelUp Kids, Kansas City, Missouri.
- Dental exams for 5,000 children in low-income households.
- Big Muddy Urban Farm, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Food distribution and agricultural education.
- Completely Kids, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Academic support for 20 kids for a week.
- Heartland Counseling Services, South Sioux City, Nebraska.
- Youth peer support program.
- Food Fort, Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Meals, tutoring and mentoring at three locations.
- Cleats for Kids, Oklahoma City.
- Athletic shoes and sporting equipment for kids.
- Upward Transitions, Oklahoma City.
- Directly support people in need in the Oklahoma City community.
- Neighbors Building Neighborhoods, Muskogee, Oklahoma.
- Food, homework assistance and mentors through the Dream Team Youth program.
- Lost Our Home Pet Rescue, Tempe, Arizona.
- Temporary care program, a pet shelter and a pet food bank.
- Reading Partners Colorado, Denver.
- High-impact literacy tutoring program.
- Walk With Me, Conifer, Colorado.
- Twenty-four hospital keepsake kits.
- Whiz Kidz Tutoring, Denver.
- Tutoring and mentoring for low-income and at-risk youth.
The Olsson Foundation will begin taking applications for 2024 funding requests in the summer of next year.
The Olsson Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation that has supported communities for nearly a decade. The foundation's mission is to support the environment, education and communities where Olsson delivers services while supporting employees who are actively engaged in their communities.